Sunday, February 28, 2010

-- Tropical Bridal Shower Invitations --

These bridal shower invitations were very special to me as a very close friend of mine asked me to design these for her sister's shower. I've known L for about 10 years and she is one of my few friends that I talk to almost every day. So when she asked me to design these shower invitations, I knew I wanted them to be awesome. Her sister is having a destination wedding in Jamaica and L wanted to follow the beach theme of the wedding for the bridal shower. I had all sorts of ideas running through my head as I have been wanting to do a beach theme invitation for awhile. In the end I went a little crazy and ended up designing FOUR different invites!

shells

Blueshells

PalmTrees

Blueshells_border

My favorite part of the invitations was the recipe card piece to it. The bride loves to cook and L wanted to have each guest bring one of their favorite recipes to the shower. In the end, we decided to include the recipe card on the invitation. Since the invitations were going to be 5"x7", I was able to make the recipe cards a standard 3"x5" recipe card size. I also perforated the recipe card to make it easier for all the guests to tear off the card and to ensure all the recipe cards would be the same size.

I had a really hard time coming up with my favorite version of the invitations but L and her sister picked the third one with the palm trees since the wedding invitations had palm trees on it as well. Which one is your favorite?

2 comments:

Ms2Mrs..back to Ms February 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
JennB March 3, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

Those came out pretty spectacular!! Can't wait to see what you come up next Lady

About Me

Thanks for stopping by the MJ Squared Design Blog! MJ Squared Designs began with a love of the arts and design and grew into a custom stationary business. My goal is to custom design the perfect stationary needs for every client no matter how long it takes! This blog will showcase all my recent design jobs and help give you a better idea of what MJ Squared Designs can do for you.

If you have any questions or would like some more information on pricing, please email me at mjohnson@mjsquared.net.